IMPORTANT NOTE: This Stream 1 module requires you to also complete Core (Stream 1) to become an approved assessor.
Venue: AMA House - 293 Royal Parade, Parkville.
This is a Stream 1 module and it’s designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Visual System Stream 1 module and do not hold this accreditation. Accreditation requires you to attend the session as well as successfully completing the module assessment.
Successful completion of the module will actually lead to awarding of one accreditation:
- Visual System
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Visual System update (Stream 2).
This module covers the use of Chapter 9 of the Guides to evaluate permanent impairment of the visual system, including the eyes, ocular adnexa and visual pathways.
The module includes:
- The types of impairments that are evaluated for the purpose of assessment of the visual system using the Guides.
- The two distinct approaches that will be required to assessable an overall impairment score of the visual system, and which depends on the types of visual testing performed in a particular case.
- The distinction between visual impairment, visual system impairment and impairment of the whole person.
- The types of test apparatus required to perform an assessment in accordance with the Guides.
- The approach to be taken to apportion an impairment score to account of pre-existing visual impairment.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Visual System Module of Impairment Assessment Training
Your cart is empty