Venue: AMA House - 293 Royal Parade, Parkville.
This is a Stream 1 module and it is designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the module and do not hold this accreditation. Accreditation requires you to attend the session as well as successfully completing the module assessment.
Successful completion of the module will lead to awarding of the following accreditation
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Core update (Stream 2.)
Please note: Core (Stream 1) is the mandatory module that needs to be undertaken in order to gain accreditation in any of the elective (body parts) module.
This module covers:
- The overarching principles from Chapters 1, 2 and the Glossary of the Guides that apply to all assessments performed using the Guides.
The ways in which assessments using the Guides in used for the three Victorian Compensation Jurisdictions:
- Worksafe Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- The Wrongs Act
- The ways in which the Guides are modified by legislation. This includes removal of some parts of the Guides, and replacement of some parts with alternative prescribed methodologies.
- The ways in which binding Court Decisions have clarified how parts of the Guides are to be interpreted.
- The way in which some common medical terms are given different meanings in the Guides.
- The way in which impairment scores for different body parts are to be assembled to derive an overall score of impairment of a whole person.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.
When you have completed this module you should be able to:
- Describe impairment evaluation and records and reports as covered in Chapters 1 & 2 of the AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment (Fourth Edition)
- Clarify the differences between WorkSafe, TAC and the Wrongs Act
- Locate the glossary
- Apply concepts covered in this session to later “organ system” chapter modules
- Deliver consistency in application of the Guides
- Provide information in useful formats
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Core Module of Impairment Assessment Training
Your cart is empty