Venue: AMA House - 293 Royal Parade, Parkville.
This is a Stream 2 module and it is designed for doctors that have already successfully completed the Stream 1 version of the module and hold that accreditation. Accreditation requires you to attend the session as well as successfully completing the module assessment.
Successful completion of the Stream 2 module will lead to awarding of one update to accreditation:
- Core update
If you have not already successfully completed the Stream 1 module and you want to gain that accreditation, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Core (Stream 1).
This module covers:
- The overarching principles from Chapters 1, 2 and the Glossary of the Guides that apply to all assessments performed using the Guides.
The ways in which assessments using the Guides in used for the three Victorian Compensation Jurisdictions:
- Worksafe Victoria
- Transport Accident Commission
- The Wrongs Act
- The ways in which the Guides are modified by legislation. This includes removal of some parts of the Guides, and replacement of some parts with alternative prescribed methodologies.
- The ways in which binding Court Decisions have clarified how parts of the Guides are to be interpreted.
- The way in which some common medical terms are given different meanings in the Guides.
- The way in which impairment scores for different body parts are to be assembled to derive an overall score of impairment of a whole person.
- Apportionment of Impairment: The approach required to disentangle what impairment may or may not be related to a compensable event.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Core Update Module of Impairment Assessment Training
Your cart is empty