IMPORTANT NOTE: This Stream 1 module requires you to also complete Core (Stream 1) to become an approved assessor.
Venue: AMA House - 293 Royal Parade, Parkville.
This is a Stream 1 module and it’s designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Stream 1module and do not hold this accreditation. Accreditation requires you to attend the session as well as successfully completing the module assessment.
Successful completion of the module will actually lead to awarding of one accreditation
- Ear nose and Throat
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Ear Nose and Throat update (Stream 2).
This module covers the assessment of permanent impairments from the principle dysfunctions of the ear, nose, throat and related structures.
The module covers:
- The fact that legislation requires that the Australian NAL methodology is used to assess hearing loss rather than the method in Chapter 9 of the Guides.
- The process to be followed to assess impairment of hearing loss is the NAL methodology as it is variously adopted in the three compensation jurisdictions.
- The specific approaches to taken to assessment of noise induced hearing loss.
- The approach to be taken to assess ENT disorders including equilibrium, facial structure, disorders of the air passage defects.
- The other parts of the Guides beyond Chapter 9 that an examiner accredited for this module may use to complete assessment of impairments of Cranial Nerves I, VI and VIII.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Ear Nose and Throat Module of Impairment Assessment Training
Your cart is empty