IMPORTANT NOTE: This Stream 1 module requires you to also complete Core (Stream 1) to become an approved assessor.
Venue: AMA House - 293 Royal Parade, Parkville.
This is a Stream 1 module and it’s designed for doctors that have never successfully completed the Stream 1 module and do not hold its two accreditations. Accreditation requires you to attend the session as well as successfully completing the module assessment.
Successful completion of the module will actually lead to awarding of two accreditations:
- Respiratory System
- Respiratory System: Occupations Asthma
If you have already successfully completed this module and you want to undertake continuing education, please go back to the homepage and enrol in Respiratory system update (Stream 2) and Respiratory system: Occupational Asthma update (Stream 2).
This module covers assessment of respiratory abnormities using Chapter 5 of the Guides.
It also covers the assessment of Occupational Asthma using an additional set of Guidelines which have been adopted of use the Worksafe and Wrongs Act jurisdictions, but not the TAC jurisdiction.
The module includes:
- The types of injuries often associated with the three compensation jurisdictions that use the Guides.
- The Standards to which spirometry is to be conducted for the purposes of assessment using the Guides.
- The approach to deriving a score of whole person impairment using Chapter 5.
- The approach to be taken when assessing occupational asthma.
- The approach to be taken to apportion an impairment score to account for extra pulmonary factors or pre-existing respiratory impairment.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Respiratory System and Respiratory System Occupations Asthma Module of Impairment Assessment Training
Your cart is empty